IntelliDyne team members in Virginia, Texas, and Colorado came together on September 6, 2019 for IntelliDyne’s annual Fisher House Foundation volunteer day. Our volunteers helped to maintain the homes and grounds of Fisher Houses, where military and veteran families can stay free of charge while a loved one is in the hospital.
Supporting military families and veterans through employment opportunities is an integral part of our IntelliDyne culture. More than 25% of our workforce consists of military veterans or active reservists, and our executive management team consists of veterans from the Marines, Navy, Army, and Air Force. But at IntelliDyne, we want to do more. Supporting the Fisher House Foundation is one way we express our gratitude to military personnel and their families.
About the Fisher House Foundation
The Fisher House Foundation builds homes where the families of military personnel and veterans can stay free of charge while a loved one is in the hospital. Fisher House’s impact on the military community is tangible. For example:
- Since its founding, the Fisher House program has saved military and veterans’ families an estimated $451 million in out of pocket costs for lodging and transportation
- Fisher Houses have provided more than 9 million nights of lodging since 1990
- There are 84 Fisher Houses located on 25 military installations and 34 VA medical centers in the United Kingdom and Germany
Ways to Support Fisher House
The fact is, there are ways that any of us can support Fisher House, such as volunteering at local Fisher Houses or supporting fundraising team members during race weekends. Other ways include:
- Making a donation to help deserving military families. The Foundation sends an acknowledgement card to the person you wish to honor letting them know that a gift was made in their name
- Donating airline frequent flyer miles so that wounded, injured, and ill service members, veterans, and their families can obtain airline tickets during times of need
- Donating hotel reward points so the Foundation can provide free hotel rooms to the families of wounded, injured, and ill service members who are undergoing treatment at authorized medical centers when a Fisher House is not available
You can find many more ways to give by visiting the Fisher House Foundation’s Ways to Give webpage.
Thank you to everyone on the IntelliDyne team who came out to support this great cause!